Before Batman and Catwoman can (finally) go down aisle this summer, they’ll have a much anticipated run in with the Clown Prince of Crime.
Bat and Cat will opt for to ditch the big wedding and elope, which is when the Ace of Knaves will intercede and kid nap the Bat! This will unfold across a two-part story titled “The Best Man”, told in Batman #48-#49, culminating in the big wedding everyone is waiting for (Especially Lois Lane!) in Batman #50
5 one-shot stories have titled Batman : Prelude to the Wedding have been announced and will run through May and June, chronicling the adventures of Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl and Harley Quinn prior to Bruce and Selena’s big day.
These issues will be written by Tim Seeley (Nightwing, Green Lanterns) and will feature a different artist for each one shot. The books will also have interlocking covers from noted artists Rafael Albuquerque.
Below are the Covers for Batman #48, Batman : Prelude to the Wedding – Robin vs Ra’s al Ghul as well as the entire Prelude to the Wedding epic.
Batman #48 releases on June 6th
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — ROBIN VS. RA’S AL GHUL #1
Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by BRAD WALKER and DREW HENNESSY • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
Ra’s al Ghul returns to have a heart-to-heart with his grandson, Damian. Once upon a time, Ra’s
hought Bruce Wayne would be the heir apparent to his criminal empire, but now that Batman has turned his back on Talia for good, Ra’s wants to know if Damian Wayne will honor his mother by stepping into the family business at last.
One-shot • On sale May 30.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — NIGHTWING VS. HUSH #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by TRAVIS MOORE • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- Dick Grayson has a lot of responsibility. Being the original partner to Batman, he’s the natural choice to be Bruce Wayne’s best man. So if anyone has to get to the wedding, it’s going to be him. Too bad Hush has other plans—and maybe Bruce Wayne does, too!
- One-shot • On sale June 6.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — BATGIRL VS. THE RIDDLER #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by MINKYU JUNG • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- On the eve of Batman’s wedding to Catwoman, two of Gotham City’s finest minds clash. In her role as Oracle, Barbara Gordon wired all of her allies together. But when The Riddler takes on Batgirl, will he tear everything asunder?
- One-shot • On sale June 13.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — RED HOOD VS. ANARKY #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- Red Hood has always been the one standing slightly apart from the rest of the Bat crew. Some see him as the Robin gone bad—which is exactly the kind of thing someone like Anarky can exploit. Now Red Hood is running security at Catwoman’s bachelorette party—and if Anarky can crash it, that could be the final straw for Jason Todd!
- One-shot • On sale June 20.
BATMAN: PRELUDE TO THE WEDDING — HARLEY QUINN VS. THE JOKER #1
- Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by SAMI BASRI • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
- Harley Quinn knows a thing or two about dysfunctional relationships. When she hears that her old flame is trying to get in the way of a happy new life for one of her best friends, the Maid of Mischief tracks The Joker down to give him a piece of her mind—and maybe a few blows from her hammer, too.
- One-shot • On sale June 27.