AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR SMASHES RECORDS
In less than 6 hours, Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War broken Fandango’s record for best-selling superhero movie in the first 24 hours of presales, according to Fandango.
Advanced tickets for Infinity War went up for sale on the movie ticketing service at 6 am PST/9 am EST Friday in parallel to the second trailer and in short order surpassed the previous top two record holders, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Black Panther.
To further illustrate the excitement of fans the world over, Fandango also related a survey of more than 1,000 fans who purchased tickets for Infinity War. Their results are as follows :
· 97% can’t wait to see how dozens of heroes work together in the same film
· 94% are excited to see different franchise characters (“Guardians,” “Avengers,” etc.) meeting one another for the first time.
· 92% see “Infinity War” as the culmination of all of the MCU films before it.
· 87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
· 71% saw “Black Panther” on the big screen.
· 60% claim “Black Panther” made them even more excited to see “Avengers: Infinity War.”
One thing is for sure, fans are champing at the bit to see the Avengers Assemble to face the Mad Titan, Thanos.
Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters April 27th, 2018