Pull List 8/9/17
Another New Comicbook Day is here! Let’s see what made the list this week.
Action Comics #985
ONLY HUMAN, PART ONE
Superman finds himself side by side with Lex Luthor once more, but is his former foe truly committed to being a hero, or is it just a ruse to gain the Man of Steel’s trust? As world events point to something dark on the horizon, the mysterious Mr. Oz makes his final move against the Man of Tomorrow.
All-New Wolverine #23
HIVE, PART TWO
WOLVERINE VERSUS BROOD…SO MANY BROOD! With hundreds of BROOD coming at them and no end in sight, is this the final chapter in WOLVERINE’s story? Will the combined might of the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY be any help at all? Will we see a FASTBALL SPECIAL involving DRAX and Wolverine? I sure hope so!
Doctor Aphra #11
- Aphra’s mission to make quick credits by auctioning off an ancient Jedi artifact is going to plan…
- That is, until it isn’t.
- Meanwhile, a dark figure from Aphra’s past decides to make an appearance…
Amazing Spider-Man #31
SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
- On orders from Captain America, the Superior Octopus is taking the fight to Parker Industries.
- Peter must use the full force of his company to stop Ock and Hydra, but WILL IT BE ENOUGH?!
Batgirl & The Birds of Prey #13
SOURCE CODE, PART 3
Oracle’s past entanglements with Gotham City’s underworld have gotten the Birds in deep trouble as Calculator, Catwoman and Poison Ivy all pull the team into their own dark agendas! Even if they can get themselves out of this mess, the question remains: Does Oracle really belong with the Birds of Prey, or is he a criminal at heart?
Captain America #25
SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
- TWO HEROES, ONE MANTLE, ZERO QUARTER!
Cassian & K-2SO #1
- Cassian Andor is one of the top intelligence agents in the ranks of the Rebel Alliance, ably assisted by his reprogrammed Imperial security droid, K-2SO.
- But naturally, the two weren’t always on the same side of the Galactic Civil War.
- Now, for the first time, read the story of the pair’s first contentious meeting! It is very likely not to go well.
The streets of the Marvel Universe have exploded into chaos, and the only thing standing in between the innocent people of New York and that chaos are the Defenders. But can a group of socially maladjusted heroes actually trust each other enough to continue as a team? Can the Defenders partner up with a stranger in a devil costume? And what is Diamondback’s big plan?
Detective Comics #962
INTELLIGENCE, FINALE: JUDGEMENT DAY
Ascalon, the deadly artificial intelligence created by the Order of St. Dumas, is ready to replace Azrael and purify Gotham City…and all that stands in the way of the world’s most flawless computer brain is the mind of Batman himself!
The Flash #28
NEGATIVE, PART ONE
It’s a bleak new day as the citizens of Central City meet Negative-Flash! He’s got a terrible attitude and volatile powers that leave a wake of destruction wherever he goes. Exactly the kind of person you’d want the Flash to put behind bars. There’s just one problem: he is the Flash! Can Barry Allen get his new powers under control before they kill him?
Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey
Teenage Jean Grey is willing to do whatever it takes to avoid the fate that befell her predecessor. But when Jean is cast through time and comes face-to-face with the newly possessed Phoenix, will she find the key to saving herself…or learn that her fate is sealed?
- When a drug hits the street that publicly transforms a man into a Hulk-like monster, JENNIFER WALTERS steps in to investigate!
- Will Jennifer find an antidote to the transformation, or will the drug – and its horrific effects – continue to spread?
- Guest-starring PATSY WALKER, A.K.A. HELLCAT!
Mister Miracle #1
MEET: MISTER MIRACLE
Scott Free is the greatest escape artist that ever lived. So great that he escaped Granny Goodness’ gruesome orphanage and the dangers of Apokolips to travel across galaxies and set up a new life on Earth with his wife, the former female fury known as Big Barda. Using the stage alter ego of Mister Miracle, he has made a career for himself showing off his acrobatic escape techniques. He even caught the attention of the Justice League, which counted him among its ranks.
You might say Scott Free has everything… so why isn’t it enough? Mister Miracle has mastered every illusion, achieved every stunt, pulled off every trick — except one. He has never escaped death. Is it even possible? Our hero is going to have to kill himself if he wants to find out. This is a Mister Miracle unlike any you’ve read before.
Secret Empire #8
UNITED WE STAND – against the SECRET EMPIRE!
EMERALD ERADICATION, PART ONE
Emerald Empress’ attack on Supergirl begins as her new Fatal Five assembles. Empress’ plan to destroy Supergirl’s present to preserve her future goes into full swing as Supergirl tries to hold her own—but soon even her abilities are out of her control.
THE TEMPEST”S VOW
With a traitor in their midst, the Titans reach their breaking point as Nightwing reveals his shocking prime suspect! As tempers flare and distrust spreads, the team is forced to face a new conspiracy — and the Titans must save Manhattan from the nefarious Trident!